The Liebster Awards!
While I have heard the word ‘liebster’ before, I wasn’t quite sure what it meant or what it was for until Thursday. I was very excited to see a nomination from a fellow blogger and follower, Grow.Cook.Eat.Share. in my comments! Thank you, it’s very exciting to participate! I have enjoyed my time blogging and this only reassured me that I am doing a good thing! I have also enjoyed the time and opportunities of getting to know other bloggers with similar interests.
- Thank the person that nominated you and link back up to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers. (When I googled the Liebster Award, it actually said 3-5 people)
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them, including a link back to your post.
And now, here are my answers to Grow. Cook. Eat. Share.’s ten questions.
My 10 questions asked by Grow.Cook.Eat.Share.:
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I would have to say that my favorite thing about blogging is being able to tell a story, no matter how small it is. It could be just a funny moment or a small achievement, but it’s special.
2. What do you enjoy doing when you aren’t blogging?
I enjoy gardening, cooking and baking, watching movies, playing with our puppy dog and visiting family and friends.
3. Who is one of the most inspirational people in your life?
That would have to be my mother. I call her almost every day to ask anything and everything, or just talk!
4. Where do you go to “get away from it all”?
Hmm… If I really need to get away from it all, I go back home and visit family and friends. It is both relaxing and fun!
5. What has kept you busiest this summer?
Moving!! And the farmers market!
6. What has been your most successful experience in cooking or farming?
The first time I canned pepper jelly on my own, with no one over my shoulder or helping with the hot lids was a good moment for me. I realized I could do it all by myself! Farming? My graduate school project dealt with broccoli and cover crops. Taking the broccoli crop from seed to harvest was a great success to me.
7. What has been your most epic fail to do with cooking or farming?
I tried to make stuffed empanadas once. I thought cream cheese and spinach would be a good combination, but I misjudged the amount. Hot cream cheese was not a good idea at all. No good! As for farming, it would probably have to be with a project at my last job. We had a few reps of tomatoes in an experiment. They were going great! …until the deer ate half of them down to nubs… I learned quickly to make sure the electric fence was put up…
8. What is your favorite food and why?
Um… that’s pretty hard. Banana pudding is pretty high on the list.
9. How would you describe your region’s food culture?
Since I haven’t been on the coast very long, I will describe the food back home. The Mississippi Delta! I would describe it as the epitome of home cooking and southern cuisine. (I might be biased…) I would say the classic plate is fried chicken, greens, potatoes, etc. But it can also include crawfish boiled to perfection; catfish broiled or fried, casseroles, banana pudding, blueberry crunch and other homemade desserts, candies and pies. (How tall is the meringue on the pie?!) Some family recipes are under lock and key! But the quintessential moment to any Mississippi Delta meal is the sweet tea. Duh….
10. What is your favorite childhood food memory?
Learning to make ‘homemade’ biscuits. My great-grandmother cooked us breakfast almost every morning throughout early elementary and she taught me how to make biscuits using bisquick, “One heaping spoonful per biscuit! Add milk slow since you can’t take it back!”
My Liebster nominations go to:
Here are the nominees’ questions:
- What is your favorite vegetable and how do you like to cook/eat it?
- What is one thing you wish you could grow (space or climate doesn’t allow)?
- What is your favorite cocktail?
- What do you like to do when you’re not blogging?
- What did you want to be when you ‘grew up’?
- What’s one fond food memory from childhood?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What do you consider your greatest gardening or cooking success?
- Who inspires you most?
- Describe one memorable travel moment.
Thanks again to Grow.Eat.Cook.Share. for the nomination and the opportunity to meet other bloggers with similar interests that I might not have had a chance to before! I look forward to hearing all of the answers to my questions from the nominees, and getting to know these bloggers a little better!